Learn about your water quality through affordable, confidential testing and become empowered to make decisions about system maintenance and water treatment!
The goal of the Virginia Household Water Quality Program is to improve the water quality and health of Virginians with private water supplies, including wells, springs and cisterns
1. Receive directions about sample collection and a sample kit at the local Extension office.
2. Collect samples on designated date and drop off locally.
3. Samples are analyzed at Virginia Tech.
4. Receive your confidential results, an explanation of what they mean, and information about addressing any problems or concerns at a local meeting.
Iron, Manganese, Sulfate, Hardness, Sodium, Copper, Nitrate, Arsenic, Fluoride, pH, Total Dissolved Solids, Coliform bacteria, E. coli bacteria, Lead
$60 per sample kit. Please pre-register – space is limited! Funding from USEPA grant number 839375 (Untapping the Crowd: Consumer Detection and Control of Lead in Drinking Water) is available to lower the cost of testing to $20 per sample kit for the first 30 people who register.
1. Pick up sample kit and receive directions to collect samples on November 4, 2019 10AM at Surry VCE Office 45 School St. Surry, Va.
2. Drop off samples by November 6, 2019 8AM-10AM at Surry VCE Office 45 School St. Surry, Va.
3. Results meeting on December 2, 2019 11AM at Surry VCE Office 45 School St. Surry, Va.
If you are a person with a disability and desire any assistive devices, services or other accommodations to participate in this activity, please contact Kanisha Artis at 757-294-5215 during business hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. to discuss accommodations 5 days prior to the event. *TDD number is (800) 828-1120.