Local Election Results (November 5th, 2019 Election)
- Commonwealth's Attorney: Lyndia Person Ramsey
- Sheriff: Ernest L. Giles, Sr.
- Commissioner of Revenue: Ellen G. Boone
- Treasurer: Deste Jarrett Cox
- Tie Breaker - Sussex County Board of Supervisors: Steve E. White
- Member Board of Supervisors (BLACKWATER DISTRICT): Susan B. Seward
- Member Board of Supervisors (COURTHOUSE DISTRICT): C. Eric Fly
- Member Board of Supervisors (HENRY DISTRICT): Rufus E. Tyler
- Member Board of Supervisors (STONY CREEK DISTRICT): Debbie Parham Jones
- Member Board of Supervisors (WAKEFIELD DISTRICT): Wayne O. Jones
- Member Board of Supervisors (WAVERLY DISTRICT): Marian D. Johnson
- Soil and Water Conservation Director Chowan Basin District: Ronald W. Nicholson
- Member School Board (BLACKWATER DISTRICT): Laurie S. Latham
- Member School Board (COURTHOUSE DISTRICT): M.E. "Eddie" Morrid, Jr.
- Member School Board (HENRY DISTRICT): Terry G. Massenburg
- Member School Board (STONY CREEK DISTRICT): Linda J. Skipper
- Member School Board (WAKEFIELD DISTRICT): Freddie A. Stringfield
- Member School Board (WAVERLY DISTRICT): Doris Coleman Hamlin
The Virginia Department of Elections publishes unofficial results for all Virginia elections to its website on the night of the election. The results are entered by each of Virginia’s local general registrar offices into the Department’s centralized results reporting system, which then publishes the updated results every 10 minutes to the website.
The results are available in both a viewable HTML version and in a downloadable, comma-delimited text version (CSV). Additional downloadable files are available which show precincts reporting and changes to results after midnight on election night.
Virginia Department of Elections - Election Night Reporting Website
This public website will allow you to view election results for Democratic Primaries, Republican Primaries, Registration Statistics, and General Election Results.
Please note, this information was retrieved from the Virginia Department of Elections Website.
Sussex County Voting Information
The Constitution of Virginia requires that you be registered in the precinct in which you live in order to be qualified to vote. Tuesday, Oct 15 th, 2019 is the last day to register in which to vote in the November 5th, 2019 General Election.
The Office of the General Registrar, at 15080 Courthouse Road, Sussex, VA, is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. For the convenience of voters casting absentee ballots in person, the office also will be open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on:
Saturday, Oct. 26th, 2019 & Saturday, Nov. 2nd, 2019
If you have any questions regarding registration, absentee voting, or a request for accommodation due to a disability, please call the General Registrar.
Bill Jenkins, General Registrar
Sussex, VA 23884
15080 Thornton Square
Sussex, Virginia 23884
Post Office Box 1302
Sussex, Virginia 23884
9:00A.M. to 5:00P.M. M-F