Sussex County Voting Information
The Constitution of Virginia requires that you be registered in the precinct in which you live in order to be qualified to vote. The 2020 Democratic Party Presidential Primary will be held on: Tuesday, March 3rd, 2020.
The Office of the General Registrar, at 15080 Courthouse Road, Sussex, VA, is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. For the convenience of voters casting absentee ballots in person, the office also will be open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on:
Saturday, February 29th, 2020
If you have any questions regarding registration, absentee voting, or a request for accommodation due to a disability, please call the General Registrar.
Bill Jenkins, General Registrar
Sussex, VA 23884
COMMONWEALTH of VIRGINIA
To the Secretary of the Electoral Board:
WHEREAS a notice in proper form has been received from the appropriate authority requesting the calling of a Primary Election for the purpose of selecting delegates to the national convention for the Democratic Party for the office of President of the United States. Should only one candidate qualify for the primary ballot for the office, no primary will be held.
THEREFORE, you are, in the name of the Commonwealth and pursuant to $ 24.2-517 of the Code of Virginia, ordered to cause a Primary Election to be held in your locality on Tuesday, March 3, 2020, for the purpose aforesaid. You are further ordered to post a copy of this order on the official website of the county or city, at not less than 10 public places in the county or city, or have the order published at least once in a newspaper of general circulation in your locality.
Current Upcoming Elections:
Tuesday, November 5, 2019
Issues and Candidates on the Ballot:
- Referendum on Food and Beverage Tax
- Sussex County Sheriff
- Commonwealth's Attorney
- Sussex County Commissioner of Revenue
- Sussex County Treasurer
- Sussex County Board of Supervisors
- Tie Breaker
- Sussex County School Board
- Virginia House of Delegates 64th District
- Virginia House of Delegates 75th District
- Deadline to register to vote, or update an existing registration, is Tuesday, October 15, 2019.
- Deadline to request an absentee ballot to be mailed to you isTuesday, October 29, 2019. Your request must be received by your Registrar by 5:00 p.m.
- Deadline to vote in-person absentee is Saturday, November 2, 2019.
Source: Virginia Department of Elections
15080 Thornton Square
Sussex, Virginia 23884
Post Office Box 1302
Sussex, Virginia 23884
9:00A.M. to 5:00P.M. M-F